Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ups and Downs and Turn Arounds Weekly email #46

Family!!! I'm going to the temple today!!!! I haven't been since October 8th, so I'm pretty much bouncing up and down right now. WHOO-HOO! It's cloudy today. It's always cloudy when I go to the temple. Someday I'll get a nice picture. 

This week I had a hard day. Elder Casey (zone leader) says he's only had one hard day on his mission and that's because he let himself think it was a hard day and he's all about positive thinking. I'l about positive thinking, too, but when I've been struggling for a few weeks about feeling inadequate and not seeing the progress I feel like I should be making, I had a hard day when, in Sister Palmer's words, I just broke. I got a blessing from Elder Casey (same zone leader as mentioned above) and it was perfect. It was everything I needed to hear and Heavenly Father let me know He knows me. He even let me know that He knows how weary I am and told me to take care of my body. But all in all, it was a very spiritual experience and I'm grateful for the priesthood. (Dad, every single time I get a blessing I think about you. =D  ) 

My mid-mission crisis ended after the blessing. We had stake conference this weekend. It was a broadcast one from SLC. But the Saturday night session the missionaries were invited and so were the youth. So it was a big session. It was SUPER good. All about missionary work. Boone gave a small talk on his conversion. His girlfriend, Nikki, Sister Palmer and I were all sitting together and we were all nervous for him. He did fantastic, though. President Clyde, the stake president, had 6 people come up in the middle of his take and answer questions about missionary work. Sister Palmer and I went up there and briefly talked about Bring Your Friend To Church that we did, which is where Boone resulted from, so it was a success. We're hoping we inspired people to get involved with the missionaries. Hey, did I ever tell you that Mitt Romney's son is in the stake presidency? I feel like we have a celebrity. 

HEY! Mom and Dad! There are 3 months and 1 day until I turn 21. Just a heads up. 

Update on Dave and Brooke the dog. On Saturday morning I was doing comp study with Sister Castillo (exchanges again.) and we were practicing street contacting .We had some good practice in when I heard Dave outside our apartment. I said "Sister Castillo we're doing missionary work with this man, let's go out and talk to him!" We went out there and after talking to him a little bit we asked him if we could practice street contacting. We basically taught him a small restoration and then he broke character and said we did a good job. Then we asked if we could send missionaries to his house. He said his wife probably isn't ready but that he was open and he'd ask her. We gave him a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and asked him to read it. He said he would. Whoo-hoo! Missionary work is great! 

Julianne didn't email me again. Please nag her. 

Also, missions change people a lot. Or at least, they can if we're fully invested. I haven't really seen as much change as I want to see, but I bet when I get home you'll all see a slightly more grown up Audrey. Also my testimony is a lot stronger. I love that about missions. But sometimes I feel like I'm trying to drink out of a fire hose and I can't get it all! I  have a lot of opportunities to change and be better but I don't think I'm getting it all. Wish me luck. 

I didn't take a lot of pictures this week, but I'll send one I took with my companion while we were waiting for a member. 

The opportunity to be on a mission is one of a kind. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father called me on a mission. He knew I needed it and I would love it 

God bless you, family!!! I love you all! -Sister Bishop 

No comments:

Post a Comment