Friday, February 28, 2014

NEW COMPANION!!!! Weekly email #51

Hey family!!!! The biggest news I have was given away by the title, and that's that I have a new companion! Sister Palmer was transferred to another YSA ward, which she was happy about, and I now get to be companions with Sister Landeen! I have been on one exchange with her way back in September or October, but I knew I liked her then and I said I hoped we would get to serve together one day. And now we're companions

Sister Landeen is 21 and she's from Riverton, Utah. She is going to go to the U when she gets home. (I have a beef with her pajama bottoms) She likes sports (basketball in particular) and can play the piano and guitar. She has her guitar with her and this morning we both sang "I Need Thee Every Hour" while she played the guitar! And she can harmonize, so basically, it was the best. I love Sister Landeen! She's new to being a sister training leader, so it's fun to see her grow as she helps other sisters. 

Remember how Ashley got her patriarchal blessing last week? Well this SundayHeather got it! She's glowing! I love seeing people progress. I've been here long enough. heh. I've only been transferred once in my whole mission and I hit one year next week. Crazy! I wonder what the rest of my mission will be like. But I know that I'll visit Chula Vista and Poway when I come back to visit one day. 

I don't have too much else to talk about my area. We're trying to get newinvestigators and it's been a mostly smooth transition with Sister Landeen coming in. I have to tell her stuff about everyone, so I'm talking a lot. But she's a great listener, so it works out. The ward is still amazing at doing missionary work. I love that about this area. =] 

So.....yesterday I was focusing on following the spirit, and I had the prompting to apologize to someone for not being as kind as I could be. So I made the phone call and then I prayed and asked God to forgive me. After that I was able to continue studying. I'm learning a lot about repenting and following the spirit. I'm trying to be able to feel the promptings of the Spirit all the time. I know I have a lot of work to do and it'll be a life long pursuit. But hey, I need some mountains to climb to be stronger and more like Christ, so it's okay. I did read a cool verse in 2 Nephi 10: 23-24

23 Therefore, acheer up your hearts, and remember that ye arebfree to cact for yourselves—to dchoose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life.
 24 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, areconcile yourselves to thebwill of God, and not to the will of the devil and the flesh; and remember, after ye are reconciled unto God, that it is only in and through the cgrace of God that ye are dsaved.


I liked it because I was still feeling a little bit down about how I had not been as kind as I could have, but then I read that and realized that I could choose to be happy because I had repented and because of Christ's grace I was forgiven. It's amazing at how much I get to learn about the gospel of Christ. I know it's true!!! Family and friends, if there is anything I could tell you it's that I know that the gospel of Christ is true! Faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, endure to the end. I know that it's all centered on Jesus Christ and that because of Him I can change and become a better disciple of Him. I love that I am given this opportunity to serve Jesus Christ with my whole heart. Today I was telling Sister Landeen about when I decided I wanted to go to BYU and Heavenly Father helped me get there. He helped me go to BYU and got me to dance so that I could fall in love with it again because He knew what I would need to be happy. I feel like that's how it is coming on a mission. It wasn't my favorite decision at the time, but Heavenly Father knew I would be happy. Missions are hard, but I have been happier here than any other time on my mission, and I'm not dancing. That's saying a lot! So, life is good! I love you all!

-Sister Bishop 


pic 1 - Sister Landeen!!!

pic 2 - Sister Landeen and myself again

pic 3 - Sister Lopez and I yesterday on an exchange



No comments:

Post a Comment