Thursday, July 4, 2013

Weekly email #17 Two amazing P-days and the stuff that happened in the middle

Hello!!!!
 
Last P-day was awesome! Sister Greathouse and I were planning on going to the the temple since my 90 days were up since the last time I went, but it was Elder Poulson's birthday. (one of my zone leaders) So instead we went to Las Americas outlet mall that is soooo close to Mexico. I got Julianne's birthday present there. =D Also it was just fun to walk around with the other sisters in my  district. Sister Pond, the one that sent you the letter mom, and I are so alike. And it's funny because Sister Pond's companion (sister Ritter) and my companion, Sister Greathouse, are alike. It's a good thing that our  companionships are they way they are because otherwise Sister Greathouse and Sister Ritter would never get anything done and Sister Pond and I would wear ourselves out. But we have a lot of fun together.
 
Oh! On the freeway we were on that goes towards Mexico we saw two signs that said "Guns illegal in Mexico" and one sign that had a picture of a dad, a mom, and a kid running across the freeway saying "caution". It was soooo funny.
 
After the outlet mall we went to the pier in Imperial Beach. We can't go on the sand or touch the water, but we can walk along this pier that goes out over the water! Can I just tell you how beautiful it was!? Because it was amazing. It was just nice and refreshing.
 
This week was fine. It was pretty much a normal missionary week. We taught lessons, but not as many as we would like. A lot of people in the ward, including less-actives, are out of town. The school district here only gets a 6-week summer because they do year-round school. That means everyone goes on vacation at about the same time. It stinks for missionary work.
 
We taught Alejandra yesterday while her son Max was at a day care. It was the BEST lesson we've ever had with her. She was basically teaching us the restoration. I bet she knows it better than us, too. She's only been meeting with missionaries for 3-4 years. It's crazy. Anyway, she was telling us she was reading the Bible when she was 19 (raised Catholic) and she said "where are the catholics in here? There aren't any! I just see Christians!" It was so funny. She is so cute and sweet when she's in a good mood. And when she's caught up in all this other stuff regarding her ex-boyfriend she just will not talk about the gospel! We're still hoping she'll get baptized on July 20th, but it might be on July 27th. We'll see.
 
We have taught Robert a few times, but he doesn't accept the Book of Mormon to be scripture. He just sees it as a history book. It makes me a little sad when he says that because I know the Book of Mormon is scripture given to us because God loves us. We tried very hard to help him see that, but he just says the Bible is the word of God and he thinks we're trying to replace it. False. Anyway, so we kind of dropped him yesterday. But only kind of. We just won't have lessons for a little while.
 
I've really been working on having a positive attitude all the time, and guess what! It makes me happy! It feels really good. =] Sister Pond said in district meeting one time that if we're having a hard time having a good attitude, then we probably need to check our faith. And it's true! As I make sure I have faith in Jesus Christ and in His work, I have a good attitude. So what if we have to drop an investigator? It's in the Lord's time. Of course I'll feel sad, but that doesn't mean I have to stay that way. (Thank you, Elder Cristian Mattoon! Your words of wisdom have finally reached me!)
 
Does anybody know if Zach Swalberg knows I sang him a happy birthday song on June 17th? Just wondering if the word got passed along.
 
Yes, Mom, I'll join in the fast.It certainly sounds like you had a blast at the family reunion! I can only imagine how happy you were to go back home to the amazing and beautiful state of Texas! And to Dad, of course. =]
 
On Friday we got a call from a member of the elders quorum presidency saying he heard of a less-active moving in that would need our help on Saturday morning. (her home teacher called over here. Those home teachers can be so great. Dad, are you doing your home teaching? =P ) So we went and helped them move in. It was so easy! It went by really fast because there were other members of the ward. Anyway, there was a 10-year-old boy there named Branson with down-syndrome. Sister Greathouse, who has worked with kids with special needs before, let me know that he is high-functioning down syndrome. He was a pretty cute little boy in what he said and did. One time he was just walking and he said something. His mom translated for us. It was "I'm sexy and I know it". XD The funniest thing he did is that he came up next to me while I was just standing there and he held my hand. I looked at Sister Greathouse and I said "What do I do? Is this okay?" She thought it was since he had down syndrome.His mom said he falls in love with everyone. Anyway, it was just funny. I got out of holding his hand by giving him high 5s and "pounding it". But then he just came back later and took my hand, even though I had it inconvenitely placed for him.
 
Now THIS P-day we went to the temple. It was so peaceful. It has been about 3 months since the last time I went and I almost forgot some things! I can't wait until I can go more often. But for now, this suffices. I'm involved in the missionary work for the living right now. I was SO SO grateful to be in Heavenly Father's house. I've only been looking forward to it for days and days and days. You can ask Sister Greathouse. She can testify. Anyway, I have pictures of both of those fabulous P-days for you.
 
Also, you should look at my mormon.org profile! http://mormon.org/me/B9PB/Audrey  And if you don't have one, I invite you to make one! Everyone should have one and advertise it!
 
A member gave Sister Greathouse and I each a $20 gift card to Kohl's. It was legit. I can't wait to use it. =D
 
I love you, Mom and Dad! And my family. And friends. Missionary work is the best thing ever!
 
                                                Me and the beautiful San Diego Temple
                                                     Me and the beautiful San Diego Temple
                                                                    Me by the temple
                                                               Me and Sister Pond
                                              The sisters in my district from shortest to tallest
             Silhouette of me and my comp walking on the pier. We're "pounding it" in case you can't tell.
       Sister Pond, Sister Ritter, and Sister Greathouse, and I taking pictures on the way to the mall.




No comments:

Post a Comment