Sunday, August 3, 2014

Pioneer Ancestors Weekly email #73

Hey family! Not very much happened this week regarding missionary work. Melanie Arce, a less-active we've been working with, came to church today! That was really cool. I really feel connected to her, so I was elated. She almost didn't come because she thought she had nothing appropriate to wear. We called her and said she could come in her jeans and be late. So she did just that. I am so proud of her!
 
Our district meeting this week was on putting on the whole armor of God and enduring to the end. Elder Lucero had us do an object lesson that was pretty hilarious. I'll attach a picture or two.
 
Right now on lds.org they have a link to familysearch.org to see how many pioneer ancestors you have (by searching your family tree) and then you can read stories about it. During our mormon.org time yesterday I did it, and found that I have 33 ancestors that crossed the plains! If you want to know how many you have, go to this link https://familysearch.org/campaign/pioneers#/?cid=HPTU072214348 . It's pretty fantastic. Really. I read about Thomas Sunderland Hawkins (Dad's side, I think), and he had a journal he'd written, and in it he bore his testimony and told his posterity to stay true. I was really touched, because I know the gospel is true and I am grateful for his sacrifice and faith. I'm so grateful for my pioneer heritage!
 
Fun scripture about my companionship with Sister Sheperd. 1 Peter 2:25
 
For ye were as sheep‍ going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd‍ and Bishop‍ of your souls.
 
People laugh all the time at how our names are so church-y. It makes me smile.
 
I'm sorry I don't have much else to say. Hope everyone had a great week! Love you all! -Sister Bishop
 
 
pics 1 & 2- district meeting
 
pic 3 - a California sun set. It's cool, except I can't stand palm trees. They provide hardly any shade.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment