Thursday, May 29, 2014

Always in the Middle Weekly email #64

Family!
The subject of my email this week comes from an Ensign article by President Uchtdorf called "Always in the Middle". The link is here ---- >   https://www.lds.org/ensign/2012/07/always-in-the-middle?lang=eng      
The reason why that's the title is because he says some things about missionary work, how whether there's a new missionary that just got there or an experienced missionary about to return home, they are always in the middle of their missions. I wish I had internalized this information this last week. The sun was hiding behind clouds (that never released rain) for 3 whole days! I love the sun! Sister Sheperd loved the cooler weather it brought, but frankly, I got a little cold and depressed because the sun was gone. Whatevs. The point is that I wasn't feeling as faithful and diligent as I have been in the past. I just need to remember that I'm always in the middle of my mission. Maybe I'll start telling people that when they ask how long I've been out. "oh, I'm in the middle right now". Sounds like a plan to me!
There was something sad that happened this week. Remember Kevin, the amazing potential investigator that came to church without us even teaching him a lesson! Well we taught him athe restoration this week (inside a frozen yogurt place. Probably THE ONLY fro yo place around. It's always packed) and he said he's not ready to changed and even prayed for us to find other people for us to teach in the closing prayer. I was kind of frustrated. I know people have agency, but DON'T THEY KNOW THIS IS THE BEST THING IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND NOT IN THE WORLD?! Anyway, that was kind of sad.
But something great happened yesterday! We taught a lady named Linda Trotter that the elders in our ward had contacted last week. It was the first time we met her, her first discussion (the restoration, of course!) and she accepted a baptism date for June 28th! We are super excited about it. She's 48 and is ready to go back to church and make changes in her life. Bring it! She's a sweet lady. =]
I'm almost done reading Jesus The Christ! I only have 2 chapters left! My goal to finish by June 9th will be SO REACHED! And beyond! haha. I love it, though. I really love how my testimony of Christ and my understanding of His character is expanding. Gotta love missionary work!
The picture I attached is a sign I saw in a members home. I loved it, so I took a picture so I could remember it always.
And......that's all. If people want to send stories from their missions or things they have learned in their scripture study that week, that would be mucho bueno. (or really awesome!)
Love you all! -Sister Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment