Wednesday, October 9, 2013

THIS WEEK WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Weekly email #31

Hey family!!!!

THIS WEEK WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! But really, it was. LET ME TELL YOU WHY!

On Thursday we had mission leadership council. A lot of time was spent on becoming better teachers/missionaries through practicing teaching skills and having effecting personal and companion studies. Sister Palmer and I wanted to have a better companion study, so on Friday we did! (Also, we're making sure we study Preach My Gospel. IT IS SO GOOD!) We prepared for two lessons. One was for OUR NEW INVESTIGATOR BOONE! And the other was for Nancy, a potential investigator. Boone is 18, his girlfriend is at BYU-I. His friend Thomas brought him to church on the Bring Your Friend To Church day. He came to Bible study and we taught a lesson there, and he kept his commitment, so he became an investigator! And then Nancy. She is 19, of Mexican descent. A friend brought her to church. Anyway.....

We have a lesson with Nancy and we invite her to be baptized at the beginning of the restoration. It was a softer invitation, like "As you come to know these things are true will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God?" She said yes. We went on with the lesson, having in mind the goal of asking her again at the end, this time with a date. We were teaching, and we finally asked a question that got her more involved. She cried a little bit. They were good tears. At the end of the lesson we had her pray and ask if being baptized is what God wants her to do. It was a beautiful prayer. Afterwards we asked how she felt. She said she felt warm. We let her know it was the spirit. Then we asked her if she would be baptized on October 25th, to which she said YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Later we found out that she was so excited it's the first thing she told her mom when she saw her the next day. Her mom is Catholic and doesn't want her to be baptized, but Nancy is still excited. And she's already inviting her sister to come to church. We heard in General Conference this weekend that a result of true conversion is sharing the gospel. Nancy is sharing the gospel! 

The other investigator is Boone. We did invite him to be baptized. He didn't answer, but Sister Palmer and I both felt like it was okay. We've met with him 2 times already and he has read like 5 chapters in the Book of Mormon. He keeps  asking for more! He loves it! It's amazing. Nancy also read her assignment of Moroni 7 after we gave it to her on Fridayand before we saw her next on Sunday. She's even highlighting her favorite parts. SO COOL!!!!!! 

BOTH of our investigators came to the Sunday afternoon session of General Conference. They both liked it. We'll be seeing Nancy and Boone again this week. 

General Conference was SO GREAT!!!!!!! I got a lot of member-missionary / missionary-member work out of it. Did you? I also really learned about putting the Lord first. We need to follow the first and great commandment to love our God with all our heart, might, mind and strength. I'm working on it. I'm getting closer. Probably. We'll see. 

Nancy came to FHE last night. It is so good to see her being fellowshipped into the ward. I really love this ward, by the way. I can't even imagine serving in a family ward again. I know I will. I will just be an adjustment. 

Also, lots of pictures this week! 

picture 1- my district! I think it's Elder Laxton, Elder Eppich, (the zone leaders of Poway) Elder Nestoryak (our AWESOME district leader), and Elder Oakley. Fun fact: Elder Oakley does ballet. And then Sister Palmer and myself on the bench. 

picture 2 - Sister Palmer and I with Sister Clayton, our mission presidents wife. She is so sweet. I love her a lot. 

picture 3 - My district again after district meeting. You can't tell, but we're all yelling. It was so funny because we had all our cameras on a table and they were all timed for 10 seconds. We all yelled until the last one went off, which we didn't know when. So we just kept yelling and yelling! And like 2 or 3 other districts were having their district meetings in the same building. We just kept thinking they thought we were crazy. Also, I'm not sure if you can tell, but it says "best dristict ever" instead of the best "district". Sister Palmer did it and I thought she was joking so I didn't point it out. No one else said anything until we were done taking pictures. We laughed so much. 

picture - 4 Sister Palmer and I cover Ramona and Julian, out in the boony places. We were trying to visit some guy on the ward list that we didn't know and we had to drive out into the middle of nowhere. It stunk. So we took a picture. 

picture 5 - "Where are we serving?!"  

picture 6 - Sister Palmer and I at the temple! Sister Palmer's 90 days was up, so we got to go! IT was awesome, as always. This was my 3rd transfer in a row going. Pretty sweet stuff. I love the San Diego temple! (or should I say the La Jolla temple, since that's the city it's actually in) I love going to the temple. =D 

That's all I think I have for now. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! Also, Sunday was my 7 months. 

Love you! -Sister Bishop 







No comments:

Post a Comment