Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Weekly email #15 More- list of blessings


I had some more time, so I thought I'd write you a little bit more. Sometimes I miss BYU a lot. And you. I don't miss the snow, though. I know it's not snowing there, but I still don't miss it. We taught a lesson yesterday off of Alma 37:6-7 and tied in small blessings that bring great things. We challenged the family to count their blessings right then, and I had to name 10. Here's my list of 10 blessings from Heavenly Father:
1. My testimony. The things that I know to be true.
2. The temple. It is the best thing ever. In the Preparing To Enter The Temple pamphlet, it says that we organize everything in the church in the church buildings, except for families. We organize those in temples, because they are sacred. (and I get to go next week!)
3. Being able to fall asleep quickly and stay asleep. I've been sleeping pretty darn great since I got here, and since Sister Greathouse has a hard time sleeping at night, I've realized it's a big blessing.
4. Health and strength. I may have gained weight, but I can still exercise in the morning and I don't need naps during the day.
5. My family. The more I'm away from my family the more I appreciate and love my family.
6. My friends. I love the friends I've made through the years, especially when I stay in touch with them. (namely you)
7. DANCE. I miss it so much. But I do some interprative dance sometimes during lunch hour when my food is heating up. I don't dream about dancing anymore, but I used to. I feel so blessed to be able to move in a way that provides beauty and meaning. Not to mention that I feel close to Heavenly Father when I do it.
8. That I was called on a mission. Heavenly Father has trusted me to preach His gospel! Wow!
9. Going to BYU and majoring in dance. I've always wanted to go to BYU and be a dance major, and as I worked toward it Heavenly Father blessed me immensely.
10. Emotions. I really am grateful that when I'm happy I'm SUPER happy and that I cry sometimes. I don't mind it at all.
I hope you can tell I fell blessed. Maybe make your own blessing list. It feels good. I love you so much. -Sister Audrey Michelle Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment