Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Transfer #12 Weekly email #68

Well family, I'm afraid that this week's email won't be nearly as fantastic as last week's email was. Today is the day we find out about transfers. Nothing is happening in the whole zone!!! I have never heard of that before. I was kind of hoping for a new challenge, but it'll be good. Heavenly Father knows what I need and how I can contribute. We did some good service this week including painting and gardening. It was pretty fun. Service is nice. It's always nice to put pants on. (skirts are still pretty nice)
 
Sister Arrington (the member we live with) was gone for the weekend so we fed her horse, her chickens and her cat. I understand why it says in the missionary handbook not to keep pets of any kind. It gets in the way with some proselyting time. But it really wasn't bad and when Sister Arrington got home last night she took us out to eat at Applebee's!
 
On Sunday we had a really spiritual sacrament meeting! The first speaker talked about how sacred the sacrament is. It was really beautiful. He helped us know we need to be preparing to take the sacrament all week and that when we come ready, that ordinance can give us spiritual strength to make it through the next week. It was absolutely beautiful. It made me realize I want/need to think about Christ more during the week and how His atonement helps me become a better person. Right after that talk we sang "I Am a Child of God". The spirit was so strong in testifying to me that those words are true that I could barely sing for choking with emotion. It was a sweet experience.
 
Then on Sunday evening we had an apppointment with a part-member family, hoping to add Charles (the non-member) as an investigator. He's been taught a little bit before and he has a lot of faith in Christ and a belief that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It was a pretty good restoration lesson and while he wasn't super sure of his "yes" when we asked him to be baptized, he was alright with us setting up a regular meeting schedule to prepare him for baptism. It was really encouraging.
 
Everyone, please know that I love all the encouragement you're sending me! I have a good amount of time left on my mission, but it's also relatively short, so I appreciate all of the talks that focus me on Christ and make me excited to be a great missionary! Please keep praying that I'll change to be what Christ needs me to be and that I can help everyone here that I need to/can help.
 
Sorry, but that's really all I've got for this week!
 
Love, -Sister Bishop
 
pic 1 - district looking nice except for Elder Augusto
 
pic 2 - we're all looking at Elder Augusto's shoe with our tongues sticking out. Just for funsies.
 
pic 3 - A big picture frame that Sister Sheperd and I worked on for someone's graduation.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment