Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas is coming! Weekly email #41

Hey family! I flew home a year ago today from school. Right before Christmas and stuff. What that means is that time is going by! Wow! First off, administrative items, as it were: 

Can I call you at 12 central? It would be perfect for me because it'd be right after our companion study. Let me know. If you don't say anything, that's when I'll call. 

Also, maybe you could make a list of things you want to ask or talk about for our phone call. It's only supposed to be 30-40 minutes and I want to make it efficient and full of fun. =] 

I don't know if I have a whole ton to say today. Just mostly pictures. I hope you enjoy them. One really great thing that happened this week is that Boone passed the sacrament for the first time this past Sunday!!!! It was SO COOL to see our recent convert to pass the sacrament. And to top it off, he passed it directly to us. SWEET! 

Ashley, she's in some pictures, is getting baptized now on December 28th, not January 4th. And Heather is now getting baptized on January 4th, not December 28th. Heather would be getting baptized earlier, but she has to come to our ward. She's been to church 3 times, so that 's not the problem. We just want her to be able to come to church. And she just found out that she got a promotion at a bank and she won't have to work on Sundays anymore! Whoo-hoo! And to top it off, this morning she texted and said she gets off work at 12:30 on Sunday so she can come to church after all! We are so excited to have her there for our Christmas program. 

Last night for fhe the bishop had a Christmas dinner at his house. IT WAS SO GOOD! The food was good, but mostly Sister Palmer and I were so happy because of the people that came. We had a lot of returning less-actives and some non-members and both of our progressing investigators. Man, it's awesome. We just could not get over how awesome it was. And then when we left we had a voicemail from Austin, a ward missionary. His message said he had super great news and to call him at his work phone. So we did and he had a referral for us! It was his boss! Austin was really excited to tell us that he testified. We had been teaching him how to do that. It's called teach, testify, invite. That's how you do it, people! Anyway, life is good. I don't have much else to say. 

Love you! -Sister Bishop                                                                                                                    


pic 1 - me and Elder Hill after zone conference. He's my district leader. He's cool. And he's from Mississippi. 

pic 2 - my zone after zone conference 

pic 3 -  The woman at the well!!!! I hope you enjoy this picture. I have wanted to take it for MONTHS. The church is on the street that we live on. 

pic 4 - my companion and myself! 

pic 5- me, Ashley getting baptized on December 28th, Sister Palmer, and Heather getting baptized on January 4th 

pi 6- Bishop and Sister Meacham! He's the Bishop of Mt Woodson. And all of these Christmas pictures are taken in his home.





No comments:

Post a Comment