Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weekly email #12 Sunset Cliffs and Service

Well, another week come and gone. Last P-day we went to this place called Sunset Cliffs. We can't go to the beach, but we can go to sunset cliffs because it's not sandy. It's just cliffs by the ocean. It was gorgeous and we all loved being there. =D We took district pictures and I did two ballet poses and it hurt. I am so out of shape. =[ Bum. I hope you like the pictures!'
This past Saturday we got to help someone in our ward move to a different house in our ward boundaries. I feel crazy saying this, but I had fun. It was fun to serve and fun to be involved. I hope I have opportunities to serve when I get home and I take them. Even when they're just at home helping Mom and Dad around the house before I go back to school. I am just really loving service.
Another thing I'm really loving is reading the scriptures! This week I read Luke 15. It's all really good, but vers 10 almost made me cry.
10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of angels of God over one sinner that repententh.
I love the hope in this! We invite people to repent and change every day. Angles of God are joyful when we repent! I just want to show this to everyone.
Also, Alma 44:5
 5 And now, Zerahemnah, I command you, in the name of that all-powerful God, who has strengthened our arms that we have gained power over you, aby our faith, by our religion, and by our brites of worship, and by our church, and by the sacred support which we owe to our cwives and our children, by that dliberty which binds us to our lands and our country; yea, and also by the maintenance of the sacred word of God, to which we owe all our happiness; and by all that is most dear unto us—
I love the highlighted part. I just do. I hope you feel Moroni's testimony.
Speaking of more spiritual experiences, last......Sunday? Maybe Satuday, I was feeling overwhelmed. Sometimes it is hard to live up to the expectations of my trainer. I CAN'T  BE PERFECT IN 12 WEEKS! Anyway, I was praying and I decided to give it to Jesus. He knows what it feels like to be overwhelmed. I said that, and immediately I started to feel better. The atonement is real and it works. It is real for me, and real for everyone else. At least, I hope it's real to everyone else. I don't have a whole lot more to say in this email. I hope everyone is doing fine. Julianne, I hope training is good. I don't want to train because it's hard, but I do because I'll learn a lot. I don't know how my trainer can do it so well.
Mom and Dad, did you give mission prep my letter? Mom, did Sister Cecchitini ever email you the picture of us? 'Cause if she did, I would like it, please.
I'm learning lots! I hope I'm being an effective missionary. LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD!!!!!!! And family. =D -Sister Bishop






No comments:

Post a Comment