Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I am so emotional right now! Weekly email #36




Wow. Julianne is home from her mission! I am crying so much I had to go get tissues. Sister Mims is sitting next to me and I'm apologizing for my boo-hooing and she's being very understanding. I guess it's just been a long time that she's been gone and I miss her and she's finally home and she saw Tim and she was sad to be released and....and......yeah. I'm really happy for you, Julianne. So happy. I appreciate you telling me how much you loved your mission and how you're sad to be home. It makes me not feel as trucky. I still have 10 months to go. 

Well, this week has been pretty good. We did a zone car wash and open house at a church on Saturday. We had this set up where they had to get out of their car to be vacuumed first, so we offered them some cookies that were next to the church. Then we would offer a tour of the church and some took it, some didn't. Some asked if they could see inside our building. Of course we said yes! Right inside the door we had the 20 minute restoration video playing and copies of the Book of Mormon and some pass-along cards. Also, this church (and all the churches in Poway) have some beautiful pictures of Christ! There was this spot in the church where there was a picture of Joseph Smith and the first vision and we taught the restoration there! A lot of people felt the spirit, and I think about 5 are going to be meeting with missionaries now. 

I sang in sacrament meeting on Sunday. I sang "He Sent His Son". It was a Sally Deford arrangement. It went really well, and a lot of people complimented me on it. I like singing, so it was no biggie. 

Dad, remember one time you emailed the pictures of our family at Grandpa Merrill's funeral? I asked if you could send me some hard copies. Do you still think that's possible? 

I don't know if I have a whole lot more to say. I'm like......emotionally drained from crying when I saw the pictures of Julianne at the house on Flashpan Cove. =] But it's good. Not too much happened this week....... Just some more great missionary work. I love you all! Being a missionary is super great! 

-Sister Bishop 

pic- Sister Anderson, Sister Marmol, and myself after MTE's. I like that Jesus is in the picture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment