Tuesday, April 30, 2013



What the heck?! I've been in Chula Vista for 6 weeks already?!?! I can hardly believe it. We just got transfer calls. I'm staying, but
we got news that we will be getting another sister in our companionship. I'm a little nervous. I hope I can get excited.  Sister Brown thinks I might finish her training after she goes back to the battalion. Whatever happens, I'll keep working. I want to be a great missionary. 

We have been making sure great progress with the Gray family. When we first met Scott he said he wasn't ready for the discussions, and now he's keeping commitments. When the whole Gray family walked in to church this Sunday, dressed in their Sunday best, Sister Brown and I both couldn't help but feel Heavenly Father's love for them. I hope I get to attend their sealing one day. Their family is going to be eternal. It is in God's plan. 

Ana Defiori, our investigator with a date for May 25th, came to church this Sunday! We were super excited! We have been waiting for this for a few weeks. She brought her 4-year-old daughter that already has a friend in primary, and her 8-month-old daughter that the Relief Society president helped hold so that Ana could pay attention. The ward is reaching out to her, and it is awesome. Ana's husband, John, is anti-Mormon. He lets her meet with us, but she's really worried about what he'll say when she tells him she's going to get baptized. Sister Brown offered a priesthood blessing, and she wanted it. Our bishop and ward mission leader gave her a blessing. It was powerful and exactly what she needed! It is absolutely amazing to see her testimony grow. We taught her the Word of Wisdom yesterday and she had been a little nervous about giving up coffee, but she said she would do it. She knows that she needs to be baptized and is willing to do everything to get there. 

As I've been reading the Book of Mormon I have been noticing that the things they teach in the Book of Mormon are exactly what we teach as missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!!! In Mosiah 18 they talk a lot about being in Christ's church, and how baptism is how they become a member. They have to be baptized by someone holding the authority of God or it isn't complete. Alma the elder tells all of the ordained priests and teaches to teach nothing but repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, which is exactly what we teach as missionaries. Also in a later chapter it talks about those that teach the people were given power to teach by Alma, who received it from the Lord. It is just so cool. Another thing I noticed is that when we are reading about king Noah and his wickedness, it doesn't mention Jesus Christ nearly as much. That's no coincidence. My testimony of the Book of Mormon increases each day. 


Mom and Dad, THANK YOU SO MUCH! My package was awesome! I've worn all the clothes you sent me already, some of the jewelry, listened to a lot of the CD's, and LOVED LOVED LOVED looking at my new pictures of you! Also, did I tell you that my birthday card was totes presh!? Because it is. I love the ballerina card. SO cute! Oh, and I painted my finger nails and toe nails already with the polish you sent. Basically, that whole package was a blessing. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Loved it all. And I love you, Mom and Dad. =D
Mom, will you forward this picture of me and Grandma and Kristin? In the card they sent for my birthday Grandma was a little bummed I didn't get one of her and me. But I did! Mind you, this picture is almost 2 months old. The 2nd picture is of my district that won't be the same anymore. Elder Sprage, our district leader, went home TODAY. Weird. Two of the sisters are leaving, and Sister Brown and I are going to be in a trio. Man, lots of changes.
The gospel is true and everybody needs it! Spread the love! -Sister Audrey Bishop
  
v The day I entere the MTC  pictured with Grandma Merril and Kristin Bishop and Hank v
 

No comments:

Post a Comment