Tuesday, April 1, 2014

TRANSFER #10!!!!! Weekly letter #56

FAMILY!!!!! I'm starting my 10th transfer this week! Whoa! I'm getting old in the mission. And I have news that makes me SO HAPPY!!!!! 

I'M FINALLY TRAINING!!!!!! I'm leaving Mt. Woodson where I've been for 5 transfers, or 7 months, and I am ecstatic! The two sad things about leaving is that I won't be Sister Landeen's companion anymore and I'm sad I won't be a sister training leader anymore. But I think I'll offer good things to a new trainee. OH MY GOSH I'M SO EXCITED!!! 

Before I was so excited this week we were having a hard week! Man. I even cried at church on Sunday and everyone was asking what was wrong and I was having a hard time just saying I was stressed about not having people to teach and transfers coming up. Yeah. But on Wednesday I got a great priesthood blessing from my district leader, Elder Hill. It was super cool to have all 5 elders in my district stand around me to administer a blessing. The priesthood at it's finest, right there. =] 

At district meeting Elder Hill asked us to fast the next day for help in our areas. He showed us Alma 17:2-3 and how the sons of Mosiah had fasted and prayed many days for power. Elder Hill pointed out that we pray all the time, but we don't fast all the time. So we fasted and Sister Landeen and I could tell that the Spirit was with us stronger that day. We were fasting for a vision of how to use the Book of Mormon more in our proselyting. We were carrying it around and talking to everyone. We ended up talking to 21 people that day! That was so cool to us. We were walking a bunch and I even got a little sunburned. 

We got 3 referrals already this week, which is amazing considering it's week 1 and we only got around 7 all of last transfer! Mt. Woodson is picking up! I'm a little sad to be leaving, but I'm also just really happy to be training and going to a new area. 

On Saturday night we had the first ever General Women's Meeting of the church. It was a super great meeting. It made me miss mom and Julianne a ton. So here's the love! Hope you feel it! 

Everything worked out great to sing in the fireside on Sunday night. We didn't have any investigators there (we only have one and we haven't met with him for a few weeks) but Kadi and Ashley and Clarke and Bishop Meacham came and heard me sing. I got some compliments, so I think it was good. I was elated to be able to sing a song I have loved for so long at a Mission President's Fireside. Elder Cardiff was a sport for singing with me. =] I'll send a copy of it in another email. 

I think that's all. Mostly I just can't get over the fact that I'm going to train! In mission lingo, I'm pregnant right now. (that means I'm going to have a "baby" tomorrow) WHOO! So maybe you should be excited for next week's email. I'll tell you where I am and who my "daughter" is!!! WHOO! 

Love you all! -Sister Audrey Bishop 

p.s. Thanks for remembering "the answer is always yes", ELDER CRISTIAN MATTOON! 




pic 1 - me during studies one of the days during the week. It was cold. haha 

pic 2 - Sister Landeen and I


Isn't she beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment