Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Transfer #8 Weekly letter #44

Hey family! I'm at the beginning of my 8th transfer. We got transfer calls this morning and Sister Palmer and I are staying together! We are excited about it. That's #4 together. Almost 6 months with the same companion! It's a good thing I like her. And her birthday is next week, so I'll get to celebrate it with her. That will be exciting. She'll be 20 years old! haha. She's so young! But anyway, I'm on my 4th transfer in my 2nd area. I guess I'm good at being in places for a long time since I was in Chula Vista for 4 transfers. Anyway.....
 
This week was really great. On Thursday we had mission leadership council and guess who just came strolling in like it was no big deal? Elder Ballard! Sister Ballard came, too. Sister Clayton looks just like her. Kind of like how I look like you, mom! I hugged Sister Ballard. =] Elder Casey hugged Elder Ballard when we all got in line to shake his hand. Stinker. haha But it was a really good meeting. He told us to go teach missionaries on exchanges how to teach and to be good leaders. He actually asked for God's blessing for us to be good leaders. That was really cool. I always hope I'm being a good leader. I'm trying. It was a big blessing to have Elder Ballard at another mission leadership council. =]
 
Hey! Yesterday was my 10 month mark! I'm getting up there!
 
I went on an exchange with Sister Memmott this week. I don't know if you remember, but Sister Memmott was my MTC companion. It was so much fun! Sister Memmott likes to work hard and she's usually always in a good mood. We saw a miracle and added an investigator in their area. They hadn't added one all transfer! But this is how it went down: Sister Memmott and her companion had visited this lady, Socorro, a few times and had talked to her but they'd never gotten into her house. We were determined to get her as an investigator, so off we went to her house. She wasn't home. =[ We started driving away and then we saw her driving back to her house! So we turned around and when we got out of the car we saw that she and her two boys were taking down the Christmas lights. Obviously we offered to help and I even got on a ladder to do so. By the end our hands were dirty, so I asked if we could wash them off inside. (I felt like Ammon how he caught Lamoni with guile! Or was it Aaron with his father? Either way, I felt like a real missionary!) She let us come in and we washed our hands. She offered us a seat, and after a little bit we taught and got a return appointment! It was really fun. Socorro had the really cute cat you'll see in a picture. Super cute!
 
That night Sister Memmott and I helped out at a wedding reception. It was fun to see the cute beach theme and to help serve the food which was chicken fajitas. (it was super good. And they had frozen yogurt catered. The machinew as there! YUM!) But I would never ever ask for the missionaries to help out at a wedding because of the MUSIC AND THE LOVE AND ROMANCE! Luckily mission leadership council was the day before and I was still super excited to be a missionary. But they played 3 Michael Buble songs, one of which was Save The Last Dance For Me. Thanks goodness they didn't play my favorite: Everything. And the father-daughter dance? Forget it. My heart was melting. We got out of there as fast as we could. Julianne, don't ask for missionaries help at weddings, k? It's bad. 
 
Hey! Eddie and Brindie, tell Kaylor happy birthday for me. I know it's coming up on the 10th. I'm really proud of the choice he made to be baptized. Tell him  I send love and congrats and happy birthday wishes from his missionary aunt.
 
Another update on Boone: he blessed the sacrament this week! Everytime he uses his priesthood in sacrament, Sister Palmer and I are so excited. He is so solid! What a great disciple he is. =] It was the first time he's blessed the sacrament, so it was special. ALSO! In two weeks we're having stake conference, and we, as missionaries, get to go to the Saturday night session, which is new. And it's all about missionary work. AND Boone is speaking!!!!!!!!!!! WHOO-HOO!!!!!!! That's all. =]
 
Oh, and Heather got baptized on Saturday! There were stake baptisms before for primary children, and we knew we wouldn't have time to fill the font so we asked someone to leave it filled for us. They did, and we blasted hot water in there, but it didn't work. I was still really cold. XD I feel bad. But it's okay! Heather was still baptized by the priesthood authority and she is happy! A friend of hers sang When I Am Baptized right before she got baptized and Heather was just crying. She is so excited about the forgiveness we're promised when we repent. And her testimony was boss. She's also really excited that Sister Palmer and I are staying another transfer together. Heck, our whole ward is elated. For good reason! We love this ward and we're doing our best to work hard.
 
There is a man in our apartment complex who we see all the time walking his dog. Her name is Brooke. She's a rescue dog, and as many rescue dogs are, she is defensive and mean when she doesn't like someone. But she loves us! Oh boy, does she love us. She found out which apartment is ours and everytime she's being walked, eithe by Dave or a member of his family, Brooke will come up to our door and hope we come out. If we are home and we hear Dave say her name, we'll run outside and pet her. She LOVES it. On Sunday night right as we were finishing nightly planning we heard Dave say Brooke's name, so we started going outside. I beat Sister Palmer outside and Brooke ran inside our apartment! Thankfully Sister Palmer was still inside to stop her. Brooke was so excited that she peed.XD Thankfully it was on the tiny square of hard wood floor that we have. But anyway, because Brooke loves us so much we have a friendship with Dave. Whenever we see him we talk about the baptism we just had or that we just finished studying from the  Book or Mormon. You know, mormon and missionary words that will make him ask questions.His wife jokes that Brooke is a mormon. Anyway, we're trying to get him to meet with the Lake Poway elders. He's opening up a little bit. We're hoping for the best!
 
One last thing to end the email with a laugh. Remember how Ashley was the one who had baptismal dates previously and she would literally run away from the missionaries? Well yesterday while we were teaching her she told us something. When she was at the top of the steps she knew that she was trapped with Jon waiting in the water for her and Kadi super close and us watching that she literally said out loud "damn". Haha! She said she had to say it one more time before she couldn't say it anymore.
 
Anyway, that's my good long email for this week! I'm still in a singles ward! Whoo-hoo! I love the gospel and this work! Love you all! -Sister Bishop
 
 
 
 
pic 1 - This is me on New Years Eve having traditional Root Beer float. If you zoom in on the ice cream, you can see that it is blue bell.
 
pic 2 - After district meeting this last week Elder Casey (one of my zone leaders) had us all take mustache pictures with mustaches he provided.
 
pic 3 - Picture of Sister Memmott and I on some wedding reception decorations on our way out.
 
pic 4 - On my exchange with Sister Memmott I saw this ADORABLE CAT! Let me tell you, it's a big deal I let it on my lap. I hate animal fur on my nice clothes. But Henry was a mini-cat, so he'll always be like a kitten. He was so sweet, I had to take a picture with him.
 
pic 5 - Heather got baptized!
 
pic 6 - us with the Van Alfen's last night at FHE. Love them!





No comments:

Post a Comment