Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekly email #2 I leave the MTC tomorrow!

I leave the MTC tomorrow! I can hardly believe it! And I can't wait. Seriously. I'm glad I didn't have to learn a language so I'd have to be here forever and ever and ever and etc... This week was still emotionally draining, but I made it through. I had lots of ups. Sister Memmott and I have taught about 11 times, and I think that each time we get better. It's exciting to testify to someone that I know the Book of Mormon is true and that God wrote it because they love them. And then sometimes they cry because they feel the Spirit, too. It's an exciting thing. I'm gaining a testimony of obedience, too. I love that. I read something yesterday that I really loved. It's in Jacob 4, verses 6-7 and part of 12. I love that it says that as we study the scriptures we will be blessed with revelation and our faith will become unshakable and we can do all things in the name of Christ, whatever it is that He needs us to do. And then in verse 7 it says that we can do it by His grace. In verse 12 there is one part that says "for why not speak of the atonement of Christ". I LOVE that!!!! I mean, why wouldn't we speak of the atonement of Christ to all people? All the time? It's the reason we can come back to live with our Heavenly Father and it's the best thing EVER! 
Mom and Dad, thanks for the Dear Elders! They are such blessings. Oh, and MOM! Thank you for including what people commented about my email. I love reading their responses. A few things about things I read :
CONGRATULATIONS to Sarah Phelps for getting her mission call to Brazil! She is going to be one amazing Hermana! 

CONGRATULATIONS to Kelsey Marie Edwards for getting her mission call to Alabama Birmingham. 4 sisters in my district are going to that EXACT mission. They're all great, and one of them is from Texas! I'm going to try to write letters to these lucky people, but it's not that likely today because we have to pack because we're leaving at 5 am.
Mom, please try to include the picture Natalie posted on my wall. And tell her to write me. And I love her. And I miss her. Could you tell Andrew Zimmerman to write me? He should. And Emilie Aitken. 
I don't think I have anything else to write. I can only send you pictures if I buy some kind of transfer thing from the bookstore, I think. Which is annoying. So you'll probably have to wait until next week. I'll keep trying, though. 
Just for information, even though they block out 8 hours for us to sleep every night, it takes me a little while to fall asleep and then once I am sleep it's not very restful and I always feel like I'm awake by the time my alarm goes off. I cannot wait until I'm FINALLY exhausted enough that I just fall asleep when my head hits my pillow. 
p.s. Happy Birthday to Mckenzie Moline on the 16th. And Happy upcoming birthday to Kelsey Marie on the 26th. 
I love you, Mom and Dad! I can't wait to hear from you again! I'm almost in San Diego!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment