Tuesday, September 2, 2014

No!!! Only two more weeks! One more email. Weekly email #78

Hey family!!! 

The temple today was wonderful. As always. We ate in the temple cafeteria, and it was kind of expensive. Just make a note. But it was really good! 

I am late on this, but happy late birthday to Rachael and Taggart Bishop, and happy early birthday to Todd!!! Hope it's wonderful  in London. 

This week I did splits with Sister Arrington!!!! (woman we live with) We do splits all the time now because that's the only way to get things done. On Friday night we called so many people to try and do splits, but we could only find one lady. In desperation we called Sister Arrington and explained splits and she agreed to help us. It was fantastic!!! It really was a lot of fun being with her. 

Maybe I told you all about Regina, a 15 year old girl, friend of a member.......anyway. On Sunday she accepted a baptismal date for september 13th!!!! (I selfishly hope we're able to get her baptized on that day because that's my last Saturday. PRAY FOR HER!!!!!) (see pic 1 for a picture of Regina) She is a very sweet girl. 

Umm.......I read a great scripture this morning that helped me as I was wondering how I could make sure I fear God more than man. From 2 Nephi 8:12

I am he; yea, I am he that comforteth you. Behold, who art thou, that thou shouldst be afraid of man, who shall die, and of the son of man, who shall be made like unto grass? 

Just some food for thought. 

We had a visit with Susie Hawes, who is working on coming back to church. She was expressing how it was hard to come to church because of transportation issues and her husband kind of gives her a hard time when she goes, but she came!!!! I just connect really well with Susie, so I had to get a picture. (see pic 3)

It's wonderful to see people progressing. It's really weird  that I'm making plans and extending baptismal date invitations for a time when I won't be here. I can hardly believe the time is coming to a close, and other times seems like it. Only one more email home!!!!! Wowee. Love you all!!!! -Sister Bishop 




pic 1 - Sister Latham, Regina, Amber (member) and myself 

pic 2 - a project I undertook while Sister Latham was doing language study. (all the letters I've received while on my mission)

pic 3 - Susie Hawes and her son, Jeremy (or P-nut)


No comments:

Post a Comment